Last weekend, the state of Texas celebrated its Independence Day. To join in the fun, 22 other authors of Texas-set romances and I are kicking up our heels on Facebook from March 2 âˆ’ 9. And what a week it is! Gifts cards, books, and even a Kindle and book bundle giveaway at the end of the week.
The banner below will take you straight to the par-tay where weâ€™ll be talking all things Texas!
Obviously, there are more than five things to celebrate about my home state, but these are a few of my faves:
1. Blue Bell ice cream. Yes, Ben & Jerryâ€™s and Hagen Daz are all nice and fine. But Blue Bell? It just tastes like home. They even invented Cookies & Cream! The top flavors on my list are Rocky Road and Pecan Pie (seasonal, and if you can find it, you would slap your grandma to keep her away from your bowl!).
2. Shiner Bock beer. Yeah, so I have food and drink issues. But if you like darkish beer, you need to try Shiner. They have other flavors, but the bock is still the best!
3. Backroads. Something about driving along oil-top roads, especially during the summer, just make me smile. Maybe itâ€™s the rich and acrid smell of the soft pavement. Maybe itâ€™s the freedom of having nowhere to go and not having to be there fast.
4. Wranglers. Yeah, this is an all-time female favorite. I admit to being a Leviâ€™s gal most of the time, but show me a pair of starched Wranglers that hug a country boyâ€™s rear-end just right? You can bet itâ€™ll make me grin. (And yep, thatâ€™s all Iâ€™m admitting to!)
5. The people. Iâ€™ll admit that Texans tend to be a bitâ€¦wellâ€¦Texas-centric. I mean, the state is bigger than many countries in the world. But for the most part, you wonâ€™t find a friendlier bunch of folks. A nod here, a hat-tip there. Men holding the door open for you. A two-finger wave when you pass someone on one of those backroads.
Drop by the Texas Romance Celebration this week to discover just what these 23 authors and their readers love about the Lone Star State!
Have you ever been to Texas? If so, what do you love about it? If not, is it on your list of must-see places?
Kelsey’s latest release, RUNNING THE RED LIGHT:
After wearing a â€œLeast Likely to Succeedâ€ label all her life, Roxanne Eberly is hell-bent on making her Red Light Lingerie store successful. Although the residents of small-town Shelbyville, Texas, are a littleâ€¦lingerie-resistant, sheâ€™ll win them over eventually. So when a former employer sues her, putting a major wrinkle in her careful plans, she reluctantly accepts help from hot-stuff Houston attorney Jamie Wright.
Jamieâ€™s on track to become his firmâ€™s youngest partner, but discovers an unwritten prerequisiteâ€”marriage. Turns out, the only woman he wants is Roxanne,Â but peddling thongs and sex toys isnâ€™t a suitable career for the spouse ofÂ an up-and-coming attorney.
Jamieâ€™s tangled up in Roxanneâ€™s lawsuit, her life and her lingerie. But if theyâ€™re ever going to make it work, Roxanneâ€™s big-city boy will have to decide what he values more: the career he always thought he wanted or the woman he never thought heâ€™d fall for.
- About the Author
- Posts in the Past
Kelsey Browning writes sass kickinâ€™ love stories and cozy Southern mysteries. Originally from a Texas town smaller than the ones she writes about, Kelsey has also lived in the Middle East and Los Angeles, proving sheâ€™s either adventurous or downright nuts. These days, she hangs out in northeast Georgia with Tech Guy, Smarty Boy, Bad Dog and Pharaoh, a Canine Companions for Independence puppy. Sheâ€™s currently at work on the next book in her Texas Nights series and The Granny Series. Give her a shout at Kelsey@KelseyBrowning.com or drop by www.KelseyBrowning.com. For info on her upcoming releases, subscribe to her Sass Kickinâ€™ News.