I confess…I'm a movie buff. I adore classic cinema, modern cinema, high-brow cinema…everything from Adam Sandler movies to classic films from the Depression era. Here are thirteen of my favorite cinema heroes, in no particular order:
1. John McLane – Die Hard – for the life of me, I still can't understand how Demi Moore prefers Ashton Kutcher to Bruce Willis, chiseled abs or not.
2. Captain Jack Sparrow – Pirates of the Caribbean – is an explanation truly necessary?
3. James Bond – Casino Royale – in my book, the sexiest, grittiest Bond.
4. Sherlock Holmes – Robert Downey Jr.'s protrayal is perfect…and totally hot!
5. Tony Stark – Iron Man – again, love Robert Downey, Jr.'s swagger and heart.
6. Kyle Reese – Terminator – Yeah, the Rick Springsteen hair is a bit dated, but Michael Biehn's appeal is timeless.
7. Crash Davis – Bull Durham – Any woman who didn't melt when Kevin Costner spoke of kisses that…is at least partly zombified.
8. Mark Darcy – Bridget Jones' Diary – Yes, nice guys do kiss like that!
9. Fitzwilliam Darcy – Pride and Prejudice – the Colin Firth portrayal is particularly swoon-worthy.
10. Russell Crowe – Master and Commander – can one ever get enough Russell Crowe?
11. Jack Colton – Romancing the Stone – cocky swagger in a reluctant and totally-hot hero…love it!
12. Eisenheim – The Illusionist – Edward Norton's smart, sensitive hero didn't need a six-pack.
13. Marlon Brando – On the Waterfront – a classic…in my opinion, Brando was unequaled in his day.
Ah, this list could go on and on. So many hot heroes, so little time.
For more about hot heroes, check out my blog at www.tarakingstonromance.blogspot.com.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
- About the Author
- Posts in the Past