I love Christmas time! It’s my favorite time of the year. Here are my thirteen reasons why I love it.
13. Presents! When I was a kid that was all I looked forward to.
12. Shopping for the afore mentioned presents. I love to go around from store to store shopping for my loved ones (though I hate trying to find a parking space which I’m sure is not fun for anyone).
11. Christmas cookies. My NanNan (my Grandmother) would make Pecan Goodies (AKA Wedding Cookies. Also my favorite cookie) this time of year. Her other friends would make other cookies and they’d all get together to exchange the different kinds.
10. Red Velvet Cake. This was the time of year that My NanNan would make this cake. It’s my most favorite kind and now that I’m older I make it more often.
9. Christmas movies. White Christmas, Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, The Year Without A Santa Claus, Frosty the Snowman were must sees in my house.
8. Christmas music. I love listening to all the old classics. My favorite CD is Bing Crosby’s White Christmas that my NanNan gave me years ago (though it was on tape then). Though I like the whole CD my favorite songs are Christmas In Killarney and Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas in Hawaiian).
7. Presents! It’s always fun to give and receive them.
6. All the lights. I love to go driving around my town to see what kind of lights people put up on their houses/businesses.
5. Cooler weather. I live in Florida, so it stays hot almost year round. I always look forward to the cold weather. The colder the better I say. I can always add layers if I get cold. LOL!
4. Did I mention the presents? LOL
3. Being around my family. I had to split time between my Mom’s and my Dad’s houses. Mom had me in the morning since I lived with her and Dad would come pick me up in the afternoon to spend time there with him, my step-mom, my step-sisters, my Grammy, and my Aunts, Uncles and cousins (when they were able to come visit).
2. Decorating the Christmas tree. This was a special thing that my family did together usually the day after Thanksgiving. I have very fond memories of it.
1. My Birthday! I was born two days after Christmas, so I would get double the presents!
Do you love this time of year? Leave a comment and tell me why!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in othersâ€™ comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
- About the Author
- Posts in the Past
I was born and raised in Florida. I’m a mom, I love to laugh and I love to read. I will read anything and everything at least once and if I like it I’ll go back for more. I love paranormal, urban fantasy and erotic books the best though. I’m always over at the Coffee Time Romance forums and ready to talk books. 🙂