For today’s Thursday Thirteen, I offer up the top 13 arguments/misunderstandings (or maybe lack of understanding might be a more appropriate term ) between men and women. (In no particular order.)
1. Purse vs Wallet – he can’t understand why she needs new bags when he’s had the same wallet for 7+ years and claims it’s just broken in
2. Black Shoes Brigade – he doesn’t understand why she needs 27 black pairs of shoes
3. The Battle of the Bed – she wants to cuddle and he thinks her body is a burning inferno, except for her feet which are somehow freezing cold
4. Battlefield: Closet – he doesn’t understand why he gets about 4 inches of space while she gets the rest
5. Driving Crazy– she doesn’t understand why he just can’t stop and ask for directions and he doesn’t understand how she got a driver’s license
6. Aim Claim– he thinks it’s the NBA’s loss that he wasn’t drafted for his awesome aim yet there’s a small pile of dirty clothes right next to the clothes hamper that proves he needs to work on his jump shot
7. The Caper of the Clothes – he can’t understand why she has enough clothes for 4 people and still claims to have nothing to wear
8. The Seat – she can’t understand why he can’t remember to put it down and he doesn’t understand why she can’t put the seat down herself
9. The Toilet Paper Fairy – he doesn’t understand what the big deal is about replacing the roll and she thinks putting a stick in a tube should be basic for him
10. To Accessorize – as a concept he doesn’t get it at all and his eyes glaze over when she tries to explain it for the 27th time
11. Time Lapse – she doesn’t understand why he takes so long to do something and he says he needs time to mentally prepare
12. Cover Crusade – he wonders how she wakes up every morning with all the blankets and she wonders why he cares since he always complains about how hot it is
13. Monthly Mood Check – he thinks she’s PMSing while she’s letting him know what she really thinks of his latest idea for a boys night out and she lets him continue to think just that
So what do you think? Did I miss any?
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
- About the Author
- Posts in the Past
In between her to-be-read pile and trying to bring the characters in her head alive, Kristen spends as much time as she can with family and friends. Much to her husbandâ€™s dismay, she enjoys collecting purses, shoes, and jewelry. During those rare times sheâ€™s not working at her day job, rushing her daughters somewhere, watching movies with her husband, and trying to meet a deadline, she can usually be found energetically cheering for one of her favorite New York sports teams.
As with just about every other writer on the planet, Kristen grew up an avid reader. She started with young adult before she technically hit the age range and moved on to sci-fi classics by Isaac Asimov and Ray Bradbury. At fifteen, her best friend gave her a book she just had to read! The book was Honest Illusions by Nora Roberts. Always a sucker for a happy ending, she was a goner and fell in love with the romance genre. Having started writing novel length stories at the age of eleven, Kristenâ€™s stories all took a romantic turn from that point on.